Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Clay pots and yes, a finished project!


The lace scarf is finally finished. I used 1 skein Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, color (olive) #008. I knit this on size #10 wooden needles. If you use this yarn (which I highly recommend) used wooden needles. It is quite "slippery" on metal needles.

I made a couple of mistakes in the beginning as I familiarized myself with the pattern, but now I can't even find them. I am very proud of my first attempt at lace. I was going to give it away but I enjoy it so much I have decided to use it as a table runner instead. Ironically, it already matches one of my napkin and placemat settings.--Martha would be proud. I have already started another "lacey" project on even smaller needles. No pics yet, I only have about 2 inches finished thus far so the pattern isn't even showing yet.


My attempts at pottery are getting better. I threw clay Saturday and Sunday and managed to get a couple of decent pieces. My goal is to get enough pieces (good or bad) ready for our final class next Wednesday. The last class will concentrate only on glazing so we need plenty of pieces to glaze. I was given a nice complement and was told I am a "natural" at throwing clay. I do seem to be catching on quickly and absolutely love doing it. As soon as I stop throwing, I find myself thinking about my next session. (I can throw for about 3 hours, after that I get tired and sloppy). The only negative side effect is sore dry hands. The upside is that it really gets my creative juices flowing. I tend to get interested in something, get excited about it, get bored, then find something else new and more exciting. But this seems to be working out differently. I think this flow of creativity must have an outlet, so I turn to knitting. For this I am grateful b/c my stash is too large to turn my back on right now.


Some of us have it so easy. Actually, my babies are very well behaved most of the time. They rarely bother my yarn or WIP's. They are content with snuggling with me while I knit. If only they knew I want to knit them into a sweater.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger City Wiccan said...

Wow! Honestly, I am so impressed with your work! Everything is so clean and polished . . . both the knitting and the clay work!! I admire your attention to detail . . . it's something I lack.

YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU HAVE A SIAMESE CAT!! did you? They are so beautiful!!

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the lace looks great. What kind of yarn did you use?

Details details, we need details of all finished work!!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Wow ... your Branching Out looks incredible. Nice work!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Nik said...

Can i have the chair that the scarf is resting on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home