Monday, March 13, 2006

Pottery and waffles


The Branching Out Scarf is still in progress. I haven't had much of a chance to work on it for long periods of time. I have been keeping myself busy.

Here is a pic of my latest adventure. Pottery. I enrolled in a pottery class last week and I love it. Doing anything creative such as cooking, knitting, painting or working with clay is such a release. Yet at the same time, it helps me develop new ideas and want to create even more. The studio, Krueger Pottery, is great. Pottery is their only focus and they have great artisans and instructors to boot. So far, I have managed to create crap. But its my crap. This pic is from my first try. Last Saturday I was able to throw a couple of nice bowls. I don't have pictures of them just yet. I even impressed myself.

To continue with the relaxing themed weekend, we went to a brunch, hosted by my friend Ramsey. Not only was the weather great for running (which I also took advantage of), but it was perfect for just lounging around with friends after brunch, drinking coffee and enjoying the breeze for a few hours. We had waffles.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger City Wiccan said...

I'm not an expert in pottery but your stuff looks really good. You can send it to me . . . I love painting them!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guy, I just started noticing your nice and encoraging comments on my blog. Thank you and thanks for visiting. Just wanted to let you know that I've added your link to my blog page and will be checking you out soon. Later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home