Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Lonely Mock Sock

Finally! I completed my first sock last night. Well, it resembles a sock. It is very large and full of little holes. I decided that this first sock is like my first scarf-a learning experience not meant to be worn. So, as proud as I am of said sock, I am not going to add insult to injury and make a twin. I found a pattern that is perfect for the needles and yarn I have been using and should help provide a better result and size. I am knitting on size 4 double pointed needles (a big step for a knitter who loves much larger needles) with a worsted weight yarn. I guess the lonely 'mock sock' will be placed in sock purgatory with the other abandoned socks that have lost their twin as a result of the sock hungry clothes dryer.

I hope to have pictures to share someday. The new camera I received for Christmas is still sitting in its box. When I decide to put down the needles, download the software and take some pics, I will have post them for your viewing pleasure.

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger City Wiccan said...

I'm interested in these socks. Everyone keeps telling me socks are easy. Its one of the unexplored areas where I haven't tread yet.
Looking forward to the pics.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get that camera out of the box. We wanna see your projects, your finished work, what you look like, etc....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home