Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Felting

I will post pictures of my newly felted bag and scarves very soon. I will also have a picture of my blanket of many colors.

My felted purse didn't turn out as expected, but felting is an experiment everytime from what I understand. Besides, this was my first time felting so I can't complain. It certainly turned out nice enough to give as a gift in my opinion. I plan on making more for other friends. I have looked for patterns online, but so many knitters want to charge for them. I find it just a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I am sure there are many advocates for charging for patterns, but I find it to be a bit on the greedy side. If I am at home and I am cooking, I may develop a new recipe. If my friends, neighbors, or even a stranger likes this dish and wants the recipe, I just give it to them. When I log on to the food network or allrecipes, they do not charge for their recipes either. It seems that we expect recipes to be for free. Why? I mean someone took the time to create it, right? Sure, but in my opinion, recipes and patterns, like many other great gifts (music, great works of art etc) should be free. Obviously I am not disagreeing with the right to sell music, art, cookbooks or patterns, but I am definitely an advocate of sharing knowledge.

In the meantime, I guess I will just have to create my own patterns. If you want a copy, please have your credit card handy:).

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger City Wiccan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your felted bag. Yeah, you're right . . . it is always an expirement. I've been lucky so far in that all my expirements have been successful (After all that time knitting I would be scared if it wasn't).

As for recipes . . . I'm actually taking a course on copyright law now. Individual recipes are not copyright so you don't have to worry. However, a book of recipes as a collection can be copyright. (Yeah, I actually learned something in class :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home