Monday, January 23, 2006

Knitting with Crack

Okay, I must admit that am a knitting addict. Like countless others I have a problem. My friend Cathy and I decided to get together this weekend and do some shopping. Not for clothes, not to the mall but we went out to purchase yarn. (I would link you to her blog, but I have yet to convince her to start one-she's too busy knitting). The day was great. We hit a couple of shops, got our fix and went home. When we decided to make a date of it, it was like a crack addict asking another addict, 'Hey wanna go smoke some crack?'. Of course she did. I couldn't help but laugh as we loaded the many skeins onto the checkout counter that would soon be added to our ever growing stash.

Either I am surfing knitting blogs, updating my blog, shopping for yarn, looking for patterns or of course knitting.

I may take up spinning in the hopes it will help save a little $ in the long run (not to mention how fun I think it would be). But knowing me, I will somehow find a way to turn it into another budget breaking hobby that fills up corners in my home. I have contemplated growing cotton in my garden and spinning it in the fall. I have semi-spun my cats fur into chunky yarn after a long brushing. I thought of taking on a part-time job to supplement my knitting budget, but that would take away too much of my knitting time. I'm running out of options, but I will find a way. Maybe I will start selling my body on a corner, or better yet, I could start selling crack. However, if I were in the right location, I could peddle alpaca, mohair or angora. That would satisfy my knitting obsession, allow me to enjoy the outdoors and give me some extra cash.

4 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. How did you find me? Well, keep coming back. I'll try and make it interesting.

Anyways, i know what you mean by addicted to knitting. It's like freaking on my mind 24/7. Sometimes it just drives me crazy!! So much to knit but so little time. I don't like this thing they call work. Soemtimes I just want to knit as my occupation.

See ya

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger City Wiccan said...

I can be addicted too! If it weren't for other hobbies, work and school I swear I would sit and do it all day!

I have a solution for you. Grow Marajuana!!! You can sell it to buy more wool . . .and you can spin it to make yarn. Hemp is the answer for all the world's problems . . . right?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I check knitting blogs in the morning, first thing when I get on my computer, at any point during the day, and before I go to bed. I have to say I get dissapointed when people don't post. Then I remember that I don't post every single day either. There must be a way to do this for a living!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, I've been here before. You changed your template. Ok, scratch the other comment that I left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home